For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #1) - M. Leighton oiy, not really sure what to say about this book. First of all, it's like twilight in that a human girl and vampire fall in love and yes they have chemistry together. I did not let that bug me when other's had mentioned it. Meyers is not the first author to coin this particular boy meets girl scenario, vampire or not so I do not understand why whenever a similar book gets written, people call foul and say they copied her.Secondly, I found the plot and story telling to be all over the place. It jumped around quite a bit that I felt I really did not get to know any one character that well, even Bo and Ridley. Both of whose names I hate. I kept calling her Elizabeth (her middle name) the whole book bc whenever I saw Ridley I thought of Alien. :PI think the author should have taken more care in developing the relationship between Bo and Ridley as well as them and their friends as individuals. I did not feel like I really new much about them to really care about them. The one part where she's in his basement bedroom and he's sharing some of his life with her feels forced and choppy.Now..my biggest annoyance is that R is hurt in a major way 2xs - jaw broken by bf, a tree through her stomach, again caused by her boyfriend and her bf shows no remorse, only anger that she likes some other guy. In fact he is completely removed from being mentioned again in the book after the accident.Needless to say, I'm happy this was free on Amazon.com when I went to buy it, definitely not stellar writing or storyline.