Click to Subscribe - L.M. Augustine First I will say that I'm not usually one for chick lit. I have to be in the right mood and even then I have trouble reading it and really do not enjoy it. But, I just read [b:The Avery Shaw Experiment|17660979|The Avery Shaw Experiment|Kelly Oram|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1363678578s/17660979.jpg|24651100], which I somewhat enjoyed and found humourous so I decided to give this one a shot.You know all those stories you read about a boy and a girl who have been best friends since they could walk? Then one of them suddenly discovers that they love the other? Well this is one of those books, except it's told from the Male POV. Way way too wordy. He rambles on and on and I found myself skimming a lot. I serious almost did not finish it, but decided to tough it out, bad decision.The characters are poorly developed, we never learn what caused West's dad to suddenly start drinking and become an asshole to him and his mom and on the same note it was rather un-resolved at the end between West and his dad's relationship. I just did not mesh.As for him and Cat, well the girl is the most patient I've ever seen. And her telling him she'd wait for him? ugh. yeah I do not know what else to say, definitely not a fan of this book.